Commercial Truck Insurance
Get a Truck Insurance Quote
InsureMyRig.com is the truck driver's source to stay legal and safe on the road.
At InsureMyRig we know the difference between a fifth wheel and a steering wheel.
We provide insurance to Independent Contractors / Owner-Operators and small trucking fleets with the best value and highest customer satisfaction in the business. We do this by partnering with the strongest trucking specialty insurance companies and streamlining all insurance processes to give our truckers the fastest and cheapest insurance possible.
Insure My Rig… We know the difference.
We do our job well so that you can do YOUR job well.
Frequently asked questions about Individual Owner / Operator Commercial Truck Insurance
At InsureMyRig.com, we offer a variety of truck insurance policies to meet the needs of owner/operators, trucking fleets and fleets of owner/operators. We can answer any questions you may have about the different types of truck insurance we offer and what coverage each provides.
The following are the answers to some frequently asked questions we encounter when looking for commercial trucking insurance.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call; we are here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Is bobtail insurance the same as non-trucking liability insurance?
- If I have to have my vehicle towed, will the cost be covered by my truck insurance?
- I am new to the trucking industry, what type of truck insurance coverage do I need?
How to Purchase Your Trucking Insurance Every Time, Every Year
It’s easy to tell when your trucking insurance is coming up for renewal; your phone starts ringing off the hook with shippers wanting updated certificates and insurance agents begging to quote your business. As a business owner, you want to make the best choice you can for your trucking company, but there are so many choices TO make: Choosing trucking insurance agents, trucking insurance companies, or buying your trucking insurance over the web, etc. For me, I always go back to my grandmother’s words, “if you don’t know your jewels, you better know your jeweler”. And believe it or not, I give this same advice to not only current customers, but even to prospects every year. PICK YOUR AGENT FIRST.
10 Things to Know About Semi-Truck Insurance
1. Semi-truck insurance does not refer to just one type of insurance! The term refers to several different insurance policies which truckers require to cover commercial trucking operations.
2. Owner-operator truck insurance is another way of referring to semi-truck insurance.
3. Semi-truck insurance policies can be selected to cover a trucker and their commercial vehicle in a variety of situations. These policies can be used for both business and – in the case of non-trucking liability – when your semi is being used for personal reasons.
4. Different policies apply depending on whether you’re leased on to a motor carrier or have your own authority.
5. The cost of commercial semi-truck insurance also varies depending your owner-operator status. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires you to carry your own primary liability insurance in order to issue a federal filing.
6. Cost is also dependent on the type of goods you are hauling. As you might guess, hazardous materials come with a higher insurance premium.
7. Cost also varies with the age and value of your semi truck.
8. The distance you’re traveling impacts insurance costs. Long-haul truckers can expect to pay more than local drivers.
9. A trucker’s driving experience and MVR history - as well as the type of vehicle you’re operating- can make a world of difference in how much you pay to cover your commercial vehicle!
10. Working with an experienced insurance provider such as InsureMyRig will ensure you don’t have any gaps in your semi-truck insurance policy! Our team’s vast knowledge of the trucking industry means we’ll get you the best coverage for the best price.